Blog items tagged with "local-marketing"
Tags: google+ , reviews , local marketing , social media marketing , twitter , seo
Twitter is one of the most popular social networking sites with over 500 million users. In short, Twitter is a microblogging platform where users can share text-based messages (also know as "Tweets") which are limited to 140 characters.
Christened the SMS of the Internet, Twitter is one of the top ten most visited sites on the net. In 2011, Google Inc. agreed to include Tweets and Twitter results in Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs). In the agreement, Google said it would provide real-time data in its SERPs. These features are not only great for personal users, but also local business marketing (SEO).
Take the example of a new seafood restaurant in Peoria, Illinois. Building a Twitter presence can offer a number of marketing benefits. By establishing a strong following of Peoria-area foodies, the seafood restaurant can blast Tweets of dinner specials, fresh catches, and other incentives that steer local traffic through the door. Twitter can also be used to promote reviews on other social platforms like Google+ and Yelp.
Lastly, activity associated with the restaurant's Twitter account may appear in search results for keywords like "seafood restaurants in Peoria." This can generate greater brand awareness and new visitors. These are just a few common examples of how Twitter can help with local marketing. Now let’s get to some tips!
Tips for a Powerful Twitter Presence
Keep in mind that every local business is unique and that different social media marketing strategies will apply. These are some fundamental tips to help you build a powerful Twitter presence for you business.
- Start by following local businesses and individuals who are authorities in your niche and region.
- Always have something valuable or meaningful to Tweet about. Share news, offers, coupons, or other promotions.
- Use hashtags (#) in front of relevant keywords in your Tweets. This can help your Tweets become found by related searches (e.g. #Peoria_Seafood, #PeoriaRestaurants #Best_Restaurants, etc.)
- Include a Twitter icon (and perhaps a live Twitter feed) on the homepage of your website. This can attract new followers while keep your site fresh with new content.
- Use Twitter in conjunction with other social platforms like Facebook and Google+, as well as your blogging efforts.
- Promote you Twitter presence on off-line marketing materials like frequent diner cards, menus and brochures.
In addition, there are several tools that can make your Tweeting more efficient. Here at our Peoria, Illinois office, we like to use TweetDeck. You can learn more about this tool by visiting www.tweetdeck.com. Start taking advantage of Twitter today. It's both easy to use and highly effective for local business marketing.
This article written by Tyler Tafelsky, one of SEO Specialists here at OIC Group, Inc.