Blog items tagged with "html"
Tags: tracking , social media , backlinks , link building , cro , html , content marketing , content , sitemaps , seo strategy , technical seo , seo
While there are several ways to increase a website's search engine exposure, few SEO programs yield consistent and sustainable results. This is often because the focus of the program is too narrow (i.e. comprised of only on-site SEO or only link building,) or the SEO program is aimless and overreaching (i.e. expecting to rank #1 for a very competitive keyword like “luxury cruises.”)
The best SEO programs are data-driven and cohesive in that they target attainable keywords and leverage a combination of web marketing and branding strategies. In addition to basic on-site SEO implementations, a comprehensive program would include strategies involving: social media marketing and advertising, content development, public relations and guest blogging, link building, and conversion rate optimization (CRO).
What Defines a Solid SEO Program
Good SEO programs go far beyond optimizing pages for keyword relevancy. In fact, a solid SEO program is more comprehensive in that it includes a number of elements.
- Optimizing Pages - Includes directly modifying or providing suggestions for new page titles, Meta descriptions, page copy, and other SEO-related components of a page.
- Technical SEO - Focuses on coding the site for fluid crawling and indexing; website optimization for faster load speeds; URL naming, rewrites, and 301 redirects; usage of HTML/XML sitemaps and internal linking; image optimization; Schema markup when applicable.
- Content Marketing - Developing a content strategy and working with clients to produce new optimized pages, blog posts/articles, press releases, and other forms of content that can be optimized for SEO and shared/distributed across many platforms, particularly social media.
- Link Building - Generating link popularity using ethical, natural link building strategies. This takes a very mindful approach that should first include a thorough backlink SEO audit before starting.
- Conversion Rate Optimization - Directly implementing or providing suggestions for conversion funneling, calls-to-action, and helping improve the website's traffic potential to generate leads.
- Social media - Providing services in social media management, marketing consulting, and advertising (to boost and publicize optimized content for greater SEO potential.)
- Reporting and tracking - Define specific metrics and variable (i.e. keyword rankings, monthly traffic, conversions, etc.)
Blended SEO Is Winning SEO
There are a number of benefits to leveraging a cohesive SEO strategy that blends social media, content marketing, and SEO.
- The potential to generate highly-targeted inbound traffic to All-Travel.com directly from social platforms.
- Pages that earn social signals (i.e. Likes, Tweets, Pins, +1's, etc.) have significantly higher ranking potential for SEO (and links from those pages have greater SEO value to other pages of the website.)
- Creating and publishing content on a regular basis helps accelerate the crawling and indexing rate of the website (bonus for SEO).
- Quality content can earn links naturally, in addition influencing domain authority and other SEO-related performance metrics.
- Leverage SEO-friendly web design services and ensure your site is well-optimized for search.
- Bolster online brand building efforts.
An overwhelming number of SEO providers will focus their services on generating traffic to your website. But if that traffic does not translate to conversions, then what's the point? And how relevant or meaningful is that traffic?
Embracing the new form of SEO is ultimately the best way to build a prominent web presence and sustainable search engine rankings that yields meaningful results.
Tags: html , development , design , on-page seo , cms , Exponent , seo , ecommerce
It's pretty common today to see ecommerce sites operated on a content management system or CMS software. In short, a CMS is platform enables almost anyone with basic computing knowledge to manage and edit the content of a website.
Content management systems provide convenience and cost-efficiency because they reduce the need for webmasters and HTML technical professionals. For ecommerce stores with many employees supporting the site, a CMS offers an ideal website solution. T
he choice of CMS software will also impact how search engine friendly a website is. Because the software generates the HTML code for the site, a CMS can have a direct impact on SEO performance. For this reason, there's a lot of debate about which CMS is best for ecommerce SEO?
Well we have done our homework and found that there's handful of content management systems that suit well for ecommerce SEO. A few common choices are Wordpress, Magento, and Volusion; however even these did not compare to our flagship product. When it's all said and done, (and yes, we'll toot our horns on this one) Exponent CMS reigns king for ecommerce SEO. Why, you might ask? Well let's dive right in.
SEO Friendly Code
The HTML coding structure generated by a CMS holds immense importance for search engine optimization.
Where some platforms produce cumbersome coding structures with nestled tables and mysterious tags with random characters, Exponent has been developed with back-end optimization as a top priority.
When we created Exponent, the organization and use of certain HTML tags and SEO friendly coding techniques was our primary focus. Some of the most important pieces of content are among the first lines of code to be crawled. By building a CMS that generates a seamless HTML back-end, Exponent websites are crawled and indexed faster and more efficiently that other CMS platforms.
Complete Content Editing
Optimizing website content is paramount for ecommerce SEO. Not only is quality, keyword optimized content important for SEO, but having unique, customer-focused copy can contribute to sales conversions. With Exponent CMS, editing and optimizing the content of your website is simple.
The off-page SEO elements, such as the URL, page title, and meta data, can be easily optimized per page. These elements are critical for SEO and are a must have for any CMS platform. Also important is the body copy or page text.
Although just about any content management system is equipped with the capabilities to edit the body copy, Exponent goes one step further. Many of the default attributes of content editing are set with SEO in mind.
For instance, the bold attribute defaults to a strong tag and internal linking can be executed on the fly, with no HTML coding required. The interface of Exponent CMS is a reflection of the website itself. Although there is some back-end functionality with editing off-page SEO elements and media, almost all work is done as it's seen on the site. Exponent uses an intuitive module-base system, making content editing a breeze.
Limitless Layout Capabilities
The process of optimizing a website must also take into consideration the post-click activity of users. This is the evolution of SEO, also known as conversion optimization, and it centers on having the proper design elements and calls-to-action.
Additionally, custom contact forms and design elements can be placed on pages to enhance the conversion potential of key pages. This allows even the most elementary of end-users to create and optimize a webpage from scratch.
These are just some of the primary reasons why Exponent is the top CMS for ecommerce SEO. Other features include easy integration of social media icons, mass product uploads, e-newsletter sign-ups, and custom design and development capabilities. If you'd like to learn more about Exponent and what makes it so SEO friendly, visit www.ExponentCMS.org.
This article written by Tyler Tafelsky, one of SEO Specialists here at OIC Group, Inc.